Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Catcher In The Rye

I finally finished reading The Catcher In The Rye!! God that book such a royal pain in the ass, hahaah!

Catcher In The Rye

Okay. I gotta admit that I didn't actually reading that book, to tell the truth I was more like skimming it (half skimming, half reading actually). What can I say? Ugh it bored me to death I couldn't stand to read its every line. Many reviews said that The Catcher In The Rye is about teenage rebellion. And naturally I was expecting some kind of adventurous gangster conflicts. Nuh-uh, not even close. I shouldn't have expected that.

The Catcher In The Rye mostly consists of Holden Caulfield internal chatter. Or his inane conversations with people he met. Holden Caulfield is a pessimistic, skeptical, cynical teenage boy, who always perceives the worst of everything surrounds him. The most unbearable part about this book is Holden's internal chatters when he complained and whined just about eeeeeverything. Which is like all the time. And which is almost the whole book. The one thing I like the most is Holden's sister, Phoebe.

And I was wondering, geez what's with all the fuss about this book?? Some say because it's a very inspiring book but maybe its popularity is partly because this book was read by some well-known murderers, like Mark Chapman. However, I don't really see why reading this book would urge you to kill someone but oh, what do I know.

Ah, nuff said about Holden. Now it's me time! I'm going to Jakarta this Thursday! Well, it's not like it's my first time going to the capital but it's going to be my first time flying on a plane! Hihihii I'm such a dorky girl from a small town. Wait! That's what I am! Hihihihi. That's okaay. There'll always be a first time for everything, riiite?

PS: I'm currently reading Divergent hihi.

No comments: